Monday, July 13, 2009

Pineapple Tarts


My friend requested that I make some pineapple tarts for her. I hesitated for a while... I was not sure I could make tasty pineapple tarts. The last time I bake these was about more than half a year ago. I baked the tarts with commercially purchased pineapple jam, and it was fine. The pastry was pretty alright. Then I attempted the very next day with some home-made pineapple jam, and it was not really edible. I followed a recipe that was quite different from the traditional way of making the jam, and the fillings turned out to be quite awful. This time round, I did more research, and with the right ingredients along with past experiences.... I managed to come up with this batch of pineapple tarts. I did not bake the pastry for too long, thus they are quite close to the "melt-in-the-mouth" sort of texture. My pineapple jam was not too wet, nor was it too dry this time. But I think I could have made it sweeter. As for the pastry, maybe I should try to bake them a little longer next time because I feel that even though the pastry was soft, there was something missing in them...maybe the sweet smell of butter?! Besides these open-styled ones, I have also made a batch of close-styled ones for my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment