Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Orange Chocolate Cookies

Someone gave me a hamper from Duchy Originals last Christmas and I fell in love with their orange biscuits coated in dark chocolate ever since. It is one of the most yummy cookies I have ever tasted. The combination of the aromatic yet slightly bitter flavor of orange and dark chocolate makes this a heavenly treat. I had some free time yesterday and decided to try baking some of these delicious cookies myself. These are definitely not as polished looking as the ones from Duchy's, but the taste of the combination of butter cookies with orange zest, orange marmalade and bittersweet chocolate came pretty close. I find them quite irresistable and finished off at least a dozen in one afternoon. I am feeling very guilty now. I need to go on a diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment