Sunday, May 31, 2009

Justen's Birthday Cupcakes


Today my younger son, Justen, turns 2. I baked some red velvet cupcakes with vanilla butter-cream and decorated them with his favorite things. Justen has always been a very easy child. He eats most kinds of food that I cook for him and he loves to eat fruits. He likes reading books, knows the pronunciation of a few of the alphabets and his first song is 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars'. He is a very independent boy and does not requires a lot of my attention as compared to his elder brother. He is often contended playing by himself and only fuss when he is sleepy or soiled his diapers. Because of the vast difference in the characters of my two boys, I tend to focus more of my energy in meeting the demands of Julian, so much so that I have friends who commented that I love Julian more than Justen. I was a little taken aback when I heard that but I know this is definitely not the case. I love them both equally. I spend more of my time with Julian because he is growing and is sensitive about our attention and love. Justen is still small and thus I let my helpers takes care of his daily needs like bathing and feeding. Not being hands-on does not mean I love him less. I bond with him by reading and singing to him. A gentle caress and a doting kiss on the cheek says my love for him. I believe he knows that I love him very much because only his mommy can calm him down when he cries uncontrollably. Motherhood is not easy and being a mother to two little boys can be quite taxing at times, but I would not exchange them for anything in the world. They are my joy and my happiness. Soon, Justen will be talking, debating with me like Julian does.... the challenge would be to devote my attention and time equally between the two of them such that they will not feel that there is any sort of favoritism involved. Meanwhile, I want to treasure the baby phase of my little boy. He is still very much like a baby, chubby, cute and innocent, and he still smells so good like a new born baby! Happy birthday Justen....don't grow up so fast.... !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment