Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Madeleines au chocolat



I have some free time on my hand today, and so I decided to bake something for my boys since it is also children's day tomorrow. I know chocolate is the must-have ingredient, but I do not want to bake cupcakes today since I will be baking a couple of dozens in the coming few days. I wanted to make something simple and fast so that it wont take up too much of my time. Chiffon cake and madeleines came to mind, and I decided on madeleines eventually because they are bite-size and Julian can bring some along to share with his classmates when they go for their school picnic tomorrow morning.

This is my first time baking chocolate madeleines. I used unsweetened Valrhona cocoa powder for the batter, which gives the tea cakes great chocolate flavor. However, because I was a bit stingy on the sugar, they ended up to be a little bitter for little children. I rectified it by dusting them with some powdered sugar, and I think they are divine, at least to chocolate addict like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment