Sunday, August 16, 2009

Princess and Pirate Cupcakes


Julian's classmate, Issabelle, invited her whole class to her house for a pool party yesterday. Initially I thought it was meant to be her birthday party, but I later realized that it was just a casual get-together party organized by her mum so that Issabelle could play with her friends. We were told not to bring any presents, but I did not want to turn up empty-handed, so I made some cupcakes for the kids. These were pistachio and chocolate chips cupcakes, and I decorated some of them in princess and pirate theme for the girls and the boys. I also did some with simple chocolate glaze sprinkled with chopped pistachio nuts. I think the adults would prefer them this way! It turned out to be a very nice party, with lots of finger food and drinks. Not only did the kids enjoyed themselves tremendously in the pool, we parents got a chance to get to know one another better too!

No comments:

Post a Comment