Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mickey Mouse Cupcakes




These Mickey Mouse cupcakes were made specially for a friend of mine.  We used to be colleagues working together in the finance department in a company under the oil and gas industry.  A very helpful and patient man.  He had given me alot of guidance during those days when I was still very much a green horn in the working world.  He made a career switch about three years ago to devote himself to childcare education.  Although it sounded like a very risky move, but I think it is admirable and it is also a wonderful thing to pursue ones true passion in life.  He is now a principal in a newly set up childcare center and I paid him a visit this afternoon. 

Back to my Mickey Mouse cupcakes....  My recent trip to Hong Kong Disneyland has given me the inspiration to make them.  I was looking for ideas in the souvenir shops in Disneyland Resort and it suddenly dawned on me that I could try to put all the signature icons of Mickey and Minnie onto my next cupcake project.  So I drew out the icons and pipe them out with royal icing.  Together with the matching colors red, yellow, white and black... ta-ta... a bunch of nice looking Mickey and Minnie Mouse cupcakes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment